Our Pumps | D Series: Duplex Stainless Steel Pumps
LobePro’s D Series pumps are made from Type 2205 duplex stainless steel and its cast equivalent, CD3mn for use in applications too corrosive for 316 stainless steel. These include applications with fluids containing chlorides, hydroxides, or H2S.
All LobePro CD3mn parts are solution annealed and passivated. This is very important to obtaining the best resistance to chloride corrosion, pitting and cracking. To learn more about duplex stainless steel, visit Corrosive & Abrasive Engineering.
D Series pumps can also be manufactured to meet API 676 requirements in Oil and Gas applications.
Principle reason to use LobePro’s D Series for these applications includes:
- Reversible (can load, unload and backwash)
- Strong vacuum/Self-priming to 25 ft
- Handles air and fluid without damaging cavitation
- ATEX Zone 2 Category 3 Rating
- Ability to pump thick, viscous fluids
- Steady, measured flow at constant pressure
- Can run dry
- Handles abrasives well
- Low Shear
- Rapid Delivery
- Only a 3 feet NPSHR usually