LobePro Rotary Lobe Pumps have proven they are effective and efficient in many power plant applications and locations. Our pumps are suitable for pumping any fluid material, with a low grit content and hard solids under 1/8” (3 mm), at flows up to 2000 GPM and pressures up to 150 PSI.
Primary Reasons to Select a Rotary Lobe Pump include the following features and their benefits to the customer:
- Self priming suction lift to 25’– Allows Pump to be mounted at top of sump for easy servicing and prolong life
- Low shear – Less emulsification = easier later separation
- High pressure – Able to pump through long piping runs in plant
- Metered, near pulseless flow – Enabled by positive displacement and helix lobes. Useful for feeding separators. Pulsation dampeners are not required.
- Stainless steel pumps available – for corrosives and chemicals
- Ability to pump viscous fluids – because of Positive Displacement
- Ability to pump fine abrasives – because of slow speed, rubber coated lobes, & hardened metals
- Able to run forward or reverse – good for backwashing
- Able to pump at any duty point – required in pump’s gpm & pressure capacity
LobePro Rotary Lobe Pumps work well in the following Power Plant Applications:
- Fuel System/Fuel Tank Farm
- Fuel/Oil Treatment Plant
- Flue Gas System for Coal Fired Plants
- Turbine Drains and System Sumps
- Boiler/Steam Drum Blowdown Drains & Sumps
- Auxiliary Fuel Oil/Lubricating Oil System
- Transformer Oil Feed Pump
- General Oil System
- Condenser Drains and Sumps
- Condenser Cooling System Sump Pumps
- Feed Water Heater Drains and Sumps
- Water Treatment Plant
- Waste Water Treatment Plant
LobePro Pumps in oily water sump transfer and screen backwash pumping application
In a Power plant, rotary lobe pumps can be used for an oily water sump transfer application. Rotary lobe pumps work well for oily water sump transfer applications because of the following reasons. The pumps are self-priming and have a suction lift of up to 25 ft. which allows the pump to be mounted at the top of the sump for easy servicing and prolong life.
The pumps are have a low shear, which leads to less emulsification and easier later separation. Rotary lobe pumps are also able to pump viscous fluids and fine abrasives because of their positive displacement design. The pumps also are able to run at a slow speed, use rubber coated lobes and hardened metals to reduce their sensitivity to abrasives. LobePro G-Series (General Use) pumps are designed to handle these applications.
LobePro’s C-Series (Chemical/Corrosive) pumps can also be used for screen backwash pumping using brackish or sea water for process cooling. Rotary lobe pumps work well for screen backwash pumping applications because of the following reasons. The pumps are able to run at a high pressure which allows the pump to pump through long piping runs in the plant. The pumps are also able to run forward or reverse which an advantage in the backwashing process.
Rotary lobe pumps can also handle corrosive materials and fine abrasives. Stainless steel pumps are available to increase the pumps resistance to corrosive material. The pumps also are able to run at a slow speed, use rubber coated lobes and hardened metals to reduce their sensitivity to abrasives.
LobePro has installed or will be installing pumps to work in these applications in power plants in the following areas: Riveria Beach, Fl., Cape Canaveral, Fl., Nueces Bay, Corpus Christi, Tx. and Barney Davis, Corpus Christi, Tx.
Request a quote from our Engineers today!
Our team is standing by to review your application.